A weathervane in the form of a cockerel.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- ALL the city's weathervanes and banners and weathercocks held still.
- The house contains a variety of window shapes, criss-crossing gables, beautiful Art Nouveau stained-glass windows, a corner turret with a weathercock (another one exists on top of the stables).
- She knew that she was getting nearer; the trees along the sides of the street began to look familiar, and she could almost recognize the old weathercock swinging on the roof.
(Of a boat or aircraft) tend to turn to head into the wind: he sometimes has a problem with the boat weathercocking before she can gather way on a new tack
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As usual, it weathercocked a little into the wind and I got some great footage of it coming down.
- The aircraft then weathercocked into wind and departed the runway.
- The original boat proved seaworthy, fast and able to carry large amounts of kit, but weathercocked more than was comfortable.
Definición de weathercock en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda