Definición de weaver en inglés:
1A person who weaves fabric.
- We set out for the neighbouring village of Kethan, where simple weavers wove the delicate fabric of cotton and silk embroidered with gold and silver.
- Silver wire was used by embroiderers, lace-makers and weavers for embellishing high-quality fabrics.
- It had two butchers, two coopers, two weavers, a shoemaker, blacksmith, a cornmill, a pound, a lime kiln and, of course, a pub.
2 (also weaver bird) A finch-like songbird of tropical Africa and Asia, related to the sparrows and building elaborately woven nests.
- A weaver bird uses its own body as a template as it builds the hemispherical egg chamber of its nest.
- To burn those extra calories, a colony of 150 weavers with no nest would have to catch and eat 4,500 more insects each day.
- Well they're in the trees in our street… All the usual ones - sunbirds, weavers, orioles and so on.
Definición de weaver en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary