- 1Strong, closely woven fabric used for making items such as straps and belts, and for supporting the seats of upholstered chairs: [as modifier]: webbing strapsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was available in oak weave or with cotton webbing, a seat covering more suggestive of indoor use.
- Narrow strips of fabric or leather webbing were interlaced across a seat frame, and a piece of linen was tacked above it.
- There were two foldable aluminum seats with nylon webbing.
- 1.1The system of belts, pouches, and straps worn by a soldier as part of his combat uniform.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Still wearing his uniform and combat webbing, the son of a Canadian soldier jumped into the chest-deep sludge and began searching, reaching out with his arms, diving under in futile attempts to find her.
- The British standard webbing only has two pouches, while webbing used by US and Israeli soldiers, and some police forces, has far more storage space.
- The basic British infantryman, like his French and German contemporaries, was issued with his uniform, webbing and a rifle with bayonet.
- 2The part of a baseball glove between the thumb and forefinger: just when the ball is about to go past him, he leaps up and snags it in the webbing of his gloveMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I came in and I knew I could make a play, but the webbing in my glove was like a string.
- Reiser went to his left on the play, put up his glove and the ball stuck in the webbing.
- Pinch the webbing between your thumb and index finger and push toward the bottom knuckle of your index finger.
Más definiciones de webbingDefinición de webbing en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.