1A rich iced cake, typically in two or more tiers, served at a wedding reception.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Both staff and residents alike enjoyed a sample of the tier of the wedding cake which was a rich fruit cake.
- In Britain, the most prominent single food item associated with a wedding is the wedding cake.
- If the venue can't offer you a discount for excluding it and serving wedding cake instead, consider ordering a smaller wedding cake.
1.1 [as modifier] informal Denoting a building that is very ornate: a wedding-cake mansion
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Everywhere you turn, there are wonderful buildings: my favourite is the great wedding-cake edifice that towers over Cibeles Square, which turns out, surprisingly, to be the post office.
- Take the number 36 bus 7km along the coast to Miramare, the wedding-cake castle commissioned by poor old Maximilian, younger brother of Emperor Franz Josef and briefly (thanks to Napoleon) Emperor of Mexico.
- ‘There's something very special about old wedding-cake theatres,’ she says.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: wed|ding cake
Definición de wedding cake en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda