- A large flightless New Zealand rail with heavily built legs and feet.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gallirallus australis, family Rallidae
- Gangly yet beautifully coloured with its bright indigo feathers, glossy black wings, and vivid red beak and legs, the pukeko is a member of the same family as the weka.
- I see a weka, the most common of the flightless ones, out by day whereas kiwis walk by night.
- Ornithologists on an expedition to the Calayan Island in the Babuyan Islands in the Philippines have discovered a rare near-flightless rail, related to New Zealand's weka.
mid 19th century: from Maori, imitative of its cry.
Más definiciones de wekaDefinición de weka en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.