The sky or heaven.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When the welkin had ceased to ring with their laughter and screeches, it was customary to join forces and proceed arm-in-arm to spend the evening in the town.
- The loud noise of rushing elephants resembled the roars of the clouds in the welkin, in the season of rains.
make the welkin ring
- Make a very loud sound: the crew made the welkin ring with their hurrahsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A large crowd was on the piers to witness her departure, and they made the welkin ring with their cheers.
- Mark and his companions made the welkin ring with their shouts at the old man's answer.
- For almost two hours, dignified doctors made the welkin ring with catcalls, boos, and cries of ‘Sit down!’
Definición de welkin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.