1 literary term for well head (sense 1).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Love, work and knowledge are the wellsprings of our life.
- The wellspring of his art was his superb draughtsmanship, demonstrated in the Codex Valardi (Paris, Louvre), a great sequence of drawings that served as a visual record and source for many of his paintings.
- It is a wellspring to draw on in this latest challenge.
2An abundant source of something: a wellspring of ideas
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is at the source, the wellspring of our feelings, that we may then either amplify or transform them.
- They also underscore the enduring richness of the continent's cultural heritage, which serves as a wellspring of creativity worldwide.
- From the moment he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1988, his wellsprings of creativity almost completely dried up.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: well|spring
Definición de wellspring en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda