Definición de wentletrap en inglés:
A marine mollusc which has a tall spiral shell with many whorls that are ringed with oblique ridges. Also called staircase shell.
- Family Epitoniidae, class Gastropoda: numerous species, including the European common wentletrap (Clathrus clathrus)
- Discover the survival techniques of whelks, worms, wentletraps, and other marine creatures.
- About 24 kinds of wentletraps have been recorded in North Carolina waters.
- While the flats near the jetty have a reputation for producing many of the smaller species including wentletraps, nothing noteworthy was found due at least in part to the height of the tide.
mid 18th century: from Dutch wenteltrap, literally 'winding stair'.
Definición de wentletrap en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan