sustantivoAustralian /NZ informal, often derogatory
A person from the western suburbs of a city, typically seen as socially disadvantaged: we were served by some westie with an attitude problem [as modifier]: the show was self-conscious about its westie stereotypes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His show reads like a westie couple's favourite jukebox tunes.
- Funny how inside every flannel wearing westie, there is a world champion drag racer raring to get out.
- Laughing at westie fashions is like the cheap fart joke of suburban humour.
sustantivo (plural Westies)informal
A West Highland terrier.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Another Doberman, two beagles, a chihuahua, a Finnish spitz, a Westie and a retriever will also be travelling up with their owners to the competition on March 6 to 9.
- We want one eventually but the problem is they want a Clydesdale and a Westie too.
- A mighty barking heralds your approach, and the visitor is engulfed by a tidal wave of Labradors, Westies and an Irish Water Spaniel who then jockey for position beside and over you on the sofas.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda