sustantivo (plural igual or whales)
A very large marine mammal with a streamlined hairless body, a horizontal tail fin, and a blowhole on top of the head for breathing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Marine mammals include narwhals, beluga whales, walrus, and ringed and bearded seals.
- Come face to face with polar bears, walruses, harbour seals and beluga whales.
- Sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters, porpoise and whales are common around the islands.
Old English hwæl, of Germanic origin.
a whale of a ——
have a whale of a time
- Enjoy oneself very much: he enjoyed the party, danced, drank, and generally had a whale of a timeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Members of a local activity group had a whale of a time when they enjoyed their first scuba diving experience.
- Principal of St. Joseph's, Vincent Kelly, is delighted with the dedication and willingness of the children, saying ‘they've done very well and they are having a whale of a time.’
- By the end of the session she had all the teachers, old and young, jumping and yelling, twirling and growling in unison, having a whale of a time.
Palabras que riman con whaleail, ale, assail, avail, bail, bale, bewail, brail, Braille, chain mail, countervail, curtail, dale, downscale, drail, dwale, entail, exhale, fail, faille, flail, frail, Gael, Gail, gale, Grail, grisaille, hail, hale, impale, jail, kale, mail, male, webmail, nonpareil, outsail, pail, pale, quail, rail, sail, sale, sangrail, scale, shale, snail, stale, swale, tail, tale, they'll, trail, upscale, vail, vale, veil, surveil, wail, wale, Yale
verbo[with object] informal , chiefly North American
Beat; hit: Dad came upstairs and whaled me [no object]: they whaled at the water with their paddles
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With that being said, I whaled the hilt off of her skull, and she fell practically lifeless.
- He really whaled her, screaming and yelling and carrying on like a demented guy.
- I wondered why I should get whaled so, while Nerida, who was older, got off with a You-mustn't-do-that, darling.
Late 18th century: variant of wale.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India