Definición de whisk en inglés:
1 [with object and adverbial of direction] Take or move (someone or something) somewhere suddenly and quickly: he whisked her off to Paris for a few days his jacket was whisked away for dry-cleaning
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The current whisks us quickly downstream, into country so empty of human artifacts that it seems as if we're the first people on earth: tundra, sky, a distant wisp of cloud.
- After a little hide and seek with the waiting pressmen, the authorities quickly whisked him into the casualty ward no. 2 at the ground floor through gate 1.
- But I was quickly whisked through to a private back room, where my new friend Kelly invited me to lie down and relax.
speed, hurry, rush, catapult;
sweep, hurtle, shoot
dash, rush, tear, dart, hasten, hurry, scurry, scuttle, scamper, sprint, race, run, hare, bolt, bound, fly, gallop, career, charge, pound, shoot, hurtle, speed, streak, whizz, zoom, sweep, go like lightning, go hell for leather, go like the wind, flash, double
Scottish informal wheech
informal , dated cut along
archaic post, hie
2 [with object] Beat or stir (a substance, especially cream or eggs) with a light, rapid movement.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A utensil for whipping eggs or cream.
- It doesn't take as long a time as you'd think to whip cream with a whisk.
- Beat egg white with a whisk or handheld mixer in a small bowl until just stiff.
- Using a hand-held electric whisk, cream together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
2 (also fly whisk) A bunch of grass, twigs, or bristles for removing dust or flies.
- Objects surround the two uniforms: a mop for the cleaner; a fly whisk, medicine containers, and a drum for the nanga.
- The nazir gave me a giraffe-tail fly whisk when I left.
- If you're nostalgic for gin slings, parasols and fly whisks, the White House Rose Garden was the place to be last week.
late Middle English: of Scandinavian origin.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia