A very small part or amount: the last whit of warmth was drawn off by the setting sun
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All of which now makes me wonder: when you come right down to it, did the antitrust trial of the century make a whit of difference?
- No amount of talk, therapy or talk therapy will make a whit of difference.
- Did the ending make a whit of sense?
scrap, bit, tiny amount, speck, iota, particle, ounce, jot, atom, crumb, shred, morsel, trifle, fragment, grain, drop, touch, trace, shadow, suggestion, whisper, suspicion, scintilla, spot, mite, tittle, jot or tittle, modicum;
- 1every whit
- Wholly: my mother was fond of her and I shall be every whit as fondMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Navigating successfully through these novel assumptions will take every whit of mature perspective and human relations expertise that US military leaders can muster.
- But the Genevan church showed itself every whit as masterful and dogmatic as its Roman rival, and its actions were equally justified by an appeal to Divine authority.
- Elvis made more money but Boots Roots was every whit as successful.
- 2not (or never) a whit
- Not at all: Sara had not changed a whitMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Not a whit of the initial passion for his work has left him 20 years after his campaign.
- Most of the dialogue was so-so, but it didn't spoil the movie a whit.
- And if Mr. Chandran is dubbed as brash and outspoken by the industry's bigwigs, he does not seem to care a whit.
Late Middle English: apparently an alteration of obsolete wight 'small amount'.
Palabras que riman con whitacquit, admit, backlit, bedsit, befit, bit, Brit, Britt, chit, commit, demit, dit, emit, fit, flit, frit, git, grit, hit, intermit, it, kit, knit, legit, lickety-split, lit, manumit, mishit, mitt, nit, omit, outsit, outwit, permit, pit, Pitt, pretermit, quit, remit, retrofit, sit, skit, slit, snit, spit, split, sprit, squit, submit, transmit, twit, wit, writ, zit
short for Whitsuntide.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Connected with or following Whit Sunday: Whit Monday
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It gave the lucky owner a fully inclusive 24-hour steam train trip to the capital and back on Whit Saturday, 15 June 1935.
- It also mentions that at Bowness Gala on Whit Thursday, May 17, 1883, there were 35 prizes.
- He has been a dedicated member, who hardly missed a rehearsal and took part in trips abroad and Saddleworth's famous Whit Friday band contest.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda