Definición de white willow en inglés:
A Eurasian stream-side willow which has narrow leaves with silky white hairs on both sides, and bark which contains salicin.
- Salix alba, family Salicaceae
- Herbs that alleviate pain are meadowsweet and the white willow tree - both are a natural source of aspirin.
- He had ended up in a clearing, with white willows leaning to towards the water, trailing their long leafy curtain of fingers through the cool refreshing spring.
- Today's aspirin is a synthetic copy of the compound from a white willow tree studied by Dioscorides, who noted that juices from its bark and leaves eased colds' aches and fevers.
Definición de white willow en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan