- 1 [mass noun] White stage make-up: the man in whiteface going up on the stageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the context of this event, the dancers' makeup - whiteface with eyes and mouths outlined - had a disturbing edge, though as they moved they conjured more Weimar than minstrel show.
- However, it was not only in theater that this stage Irish character of whiteface began to appear.
- The top dog, Lincoln, in costume and whiteface, impersonates Honest Abe in a sideshow, for customers playing Booth to shoot at.
- 2chiefly North American A Hereford cow or bull.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I've been breeding white-faces - pure-bred Herefords.
- 3An Australian warbler with a white face.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Aphelocephala, family Acanthizidae: three species
- No, it's just a noise that might attract some birds, particularly things like wrens and thornbills, and saffron whitefaces which we've just seen.
Más definiciones de whitefaceDefinición de whiteface en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.