Definición de widget en inglés:
1A small gadget or mechanical device.
- Gadgets and widgets and all that cool stuff that make life easier, or at least more fun, that's what I want to write about.
- As you get deeper into turkeys, you'll find an almost infinite number of widgets, gadgets and gimmicks for turkey hunters.
- Prior to stamping and polymer clay and all the other gadgets and widgets we have today, we had paints and canvas.
1.1(In some beer cans) a plastic device which introduces nitrogen into the beer, giving it a creamy head.
- Pop and outdoor ads sporting a rocket widget and a Guinness Draught bottle are aimed at building awareness for nitrogenated Guinness Draught and Stout in cans and bottles.
- A can of beer is pressurised by adding liquid nitrogen, which vaporises and expands in volume after the can is sealed, forcing gas and beer into the widget's hollow interior through a tiny hole - the less beer the better for subsequent head quality.
- The vast majority of canned beers in the U.S. are of the American Light Lager variety, for which a beer widget would be counterproductive.
1.2 Computing An application, or a component of an interface, that enables a user to perform a function or access a service.
- The days when developers would sit at a text editor manually arranging buttons, listboxes and other widgets by brain power alone are pretty much gone.
- For example, if the feature could be turned on an off via a checkbox widget, that information was included in the description along with whether the checkbox was selected or not selected by default.
- Behind your widget website there is a large database of widgets.
1930s: perhaps an alteration of gadget.
Definición de widget en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary