Definición de winch en inglés:
1A hauling or lifting device consisting of a rope or chain winding round a horizontal rotating drum, turned typically by a crank or by motor.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They do the work of motorized winches - haul logs, or move stuck tractors, raise towers, and so on - but with the deftness of a human hand.
- The para-dropping and cargo handling equipment comprises two travelling cranes, two winches, rollgang and tiedown equipment.
- Lucia was going to need a winch to haul me around everyday.
2The crank of a wheel or axle.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- My primary role on the boat is called a ‘grinder’, and I provide power for the winches [the circular wheels which wind the boat's sails up and down].
- The vessel to be fitted with winches, derricks, wheels and ordinary runners capable of handling lifts up to 2 tons.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Hoist or haul with a winch: an attempt to winch survivors of the wreck into a helicopter
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dramatic television footage showed rescue workers winching the nine survivors one-by-one from the roof of the restaurant as flames and smoke poured from the upper floors of the building in Taichung City in central Taiwan.
- Having botched the attempt, and learnt Cleopatra was still alive, he is supposed to have been carried to the mausoleum and winched by the women up through a window to expire after a fine speech in his lover's arms.
- Indian papers have been publishing pictures of women being winched to the bottom of wells to scoop up muddy liquid from what looks like puddles.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I'm trying to order a couple of sets of winchers and can't seem to find anyone who has them.
- I find the wincher a complete inconvenience as a sheet winch, but as a halyard winch it's somewhat functional.
- I used a set of winchers for over 10 years.
Palabras que riman con winchcinch, clinch, finch, flinch, inch, lynch, Minch, pinch, squinch
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda