Definición de windrow en inglés:
1A long line of raked hay, corn sheaves, or peats laid out to dry in the wind.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If you rake windrows to dry out any stems on the bottom, leaves are apt to crumble and fall away, leaving just sticks for hay.
- The hay was belt-buckle high when rain let up, three days' sun baked stalks dry, and by midday all but the far pasture was mowed and raked into windrows.
- Wind-rowed high-sugar corn forage had comparable nutritional quality indices to that of stockpiled high-sugar corn; however, cattle gains were reduced when corn forage was grazed in windrows.
1.1North American A long line of material heaped up by the wind or by a machine: the surface of the water was streaked with windrows of scud
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On a single occasion in 1949, for example, a windrow of unidentifiable algal material was recorded on the shore.
- The graders ripped the existing road and gathered all available material into two windrows, then spread and graded behind the mobile crusher as it progressed down the road.
- The heaps, known as windrows, bring down the temperature of the garbage and prevent leaching too, Ms. Patel says.
Palabras que riman con windrowimpro • intro • bistro
Definición de windrow en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda