sustantivoNorth American informal
A person, especially a politician, who exerts control or influence from behind the scenes.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These same wirepullers then used the government to push the interstate highway system on the country.
- ‘True enough,’ sighed the wirepuller, recalling his adventures with sock-puppet political appointees.
- Among American Presidents he is the supreme example of the political wirepuller, the leader who gets things done without ever seeming to lead.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the legacy in the locality has been one of unsuccessful wirepulling and failed stage-management.
- These were the days of the most flagrant wirepulling and sinister hatching of plots.… In Nova Scotia the patronage system went hand in hand with nepotism.
Más definiciones de wirepullerDefinición de wirepuller en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.