(also wych hazel)
Definición de witch hazel en inglés:
1A shrub with fragrant yellow flowers which is widely grown as an ornamental. American species flower in autumn and Asian species in winter.
- Genus Hamamelis, family Hamamelidaceae: several species, especially H. virginiana, which is the source of the lotion
- At this time of year it's difficult to make the garden look anything but dull, even with the occasional splash of winter colour from a witch hazel or mahonia.
- To start, they planted shrubs and small trees, including dogwoods, serviceberries, witch hazels, and native rhododendrons.
- Why witch hazels are not more widely grown is a mystery to me.
1.1 [mass noun] An astringent lotion made from the bark and leaves of the witch hazel.
- If you have predominantly oily skin throughout the seasons, opt for a toner that contains witch hazel, instead.
- Both contain 50 percent witch hazel, which is an astringent and cleansing agent.
- Add a bit of witch hazel to the mix if you like an astringent quality.
mid 16th century: witch, variant of wych (see wych elm).
Definición de witch hazel en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan