(also wych hazel)
Definición de witch hazel en inglés:
1A shrub with fragrant yellow flowers which is widely grown as an ornamental. American species flower in autumn and Asian species in winter.
- Genus Hamamelis, family Hamamelidaceae: several species, especially H. virginiana, which is the source of the lotion
- At this time of year it's difficult to make the garden look anything but dull, even with the occasional splash of winter colour from a witch hazel or mahonia.
- To start, they planted shrubs and small trees, including dogwoods, serviceberries, witch hazels, and native rhododendrons.
- Why witch hazels are not more widely grown is a mystery to me.
1.1 [mass noun] An astringent lotion made from the bark and leaves of the witch hazel.
- If you have predominantly oily skin throughout the seasons, opt for a toner that contains witch hazel, instead.
- Both contain 50 percent witch hazel, which is an astringent and cleansing agent.
- Add a bit of witch hazel to the mix if you like an astringent quality.
mid 16th century: witch, variant of wych (see wych elm).
Definición de witch hazel en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary