adjetivo (wittier, wittiest)
Showing or characterized by quick and inventive verbal humour: a witty remark Marlowe was charming and witty
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mahd might have a witty sense of humour but he always has words of wisdom to say to me.
- Mrs. Drollmere had been a lively woman with a shrewd and witty sense of humour.
- For this to be a real success, the programme would have also to be witty and inventive in its use of language.
humorous, amusing, droll, funny, comic, comical, chucklesome;
sparkling, scintillating, lively, entertaining;
clever, quick-witted, sharp-witted, piquant, original, ingenious;
jocular, facetious, waggish;
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Writers must always be careful to weigh the wittiness of their readers against the obviousness of the written humour.
- He over-compensates for his Napoleonic height with a cocksure manner, but the inmates have warmed to his lewd wittiness.
- I thought the movie would be ok, but nothing could prepare me for the cleverness, the obscene wittiness, and the overall awesomeness.
Palabras que riman con wittybanditti, bitty, chitty, city, committee, ditty, gritty, intercity, kitty, megacity, nitty-gritty, Pitti, pity, pretty, slitty, smriti, spitty, vittae
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: witty
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda