- 1(In legends and fairy tales) a man who has magical powers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To do that he requires a rod of dragon control, and hopes to get his hands on the one the Empress uses to control gold dragons, offsetting the magical power of the wizards.
- Many casters such as wizards, necromancers or enchanters were best paired with a cleric because after casting, a cleric could mend the internal wounds.
- There were four ranks a person could be - witch or wizard, mage, enchanter or enchantress, and sorcerer or sorceress.
- 1.1A person who is very skilled in a particular field or activity: a financial wizardMás ejemplos en oraciones
genius, expert, master, adept, virtuoso, maestro, past master, marvel, prodigy; star; German wunderkind• informal hotshot, demon, wiz, whizz, whizz-kid, alpha geek, buff, old hand, pro, ace, something else, something to shout about, something to write home aboutBritish • informal dab hand• rare proficient
- A Wall Street operator who was already in his fifties when he moved to London, Schechter is a prodigious talker, a showman and a financial wizard with a gift for innovation.
- They include hoteliers, brewery giants, food specialists, financial wizards, recycling experts and transport logicists.
- The centre-half forward, as much a wizard with an accordion as a caman, thundered the ball away from MacNiven and it sailed into the net.
- 2 Computing A help feature of a software package that automates complex tasks by asking the user a series of easy-to-answer questions.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A web site can have novice users, and a wizard makes complex tasks seem easy.
- A software wizard takes users through the activation process.
- These capabilities should be easy to configure and manage through graphical user interfaces and wizards.
adjetivoBritish • informal , • dated Volver al principio
- Wonderful; excellent: how absolutely wizard! I’ve just had a wizard ideaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If elected, I will appoint Buni as my Shadow Education Secretary, on the strength of this wizard idea of his in Peter's comments box.
- Bloomsbury shares would be a wizard idea for a present.
- A wizard idea that Steven's ambitious deputy may find hard.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- President Johnson promised a War on Poverty, driven by a wizardly new Keynesian confidence that an economy of unprecedented abundance could deliver more groceries to everyone.
- Call yourself a graphic designer and you're identified as an artsy computer geek being hired to spice up a document with your wizardly technical skill.
- Who can begrudge the rewards for three epic movies that were seven years in the making, and combined Tolkien's wizardly storytelling with the cutting edge of new technology?