- A white or greyish mineral typically occurring in tabular masses in metamorphosed limestone. It is a silicate of calcium and is used as a source of rock wool.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Badger Flats area is also well known for clinozoisite, garnet, hematite, scheelite, vesuvianite, wollastonite, and zoisite (variety thulite).
- The skarn layer has a massive texture with two assemblages, wollastonite + quartz + diopside and prehnite + datolite + actinolite + K - feldspar, which have been interpreted as evidence of hydrothermal metasomatism of carbonate rocks.
- The groundmass of these leucocratic segregations is heterogeneous, consisting of centimeter-scale regions dominated by nepheline, natrolite, alkali feldspar, or wollastonite.
Más definiciones de wollastoniteDefinición de wollastonite en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.