- A North American tick which infests wild and domestic animals, often found clinging to plants and responsible for transmitting spotted fever.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Dermacentor, family Ixodidae, in particular D. andersoni
- The disease that may best explain Clark's Three Forks fever is Colorado tick fever, a viral infection transmitted by the wood tick.
- The bacteria Rickettsia rickettsii that cause an RMSF infection are carried by the dog tick in the eastern United States and by the wood tick in the Rocky Mountain states.
- The wood tick is the principal vector in the western United States, whereas the dog tick is the most common vector in the eastern and southern United States.
Más definiciones de wood tickDefinición de wood tick en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.