Definición de woodcock en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
A woodland bird of the sandpiper family, with a long bill, brown camouflaged plumage, and a distinctive display flight.
- Genus Scolopax, family Scolopacidae: several species, in particular the Eurasian woodcock (S. rusticola), which is sometimes regarded as a game bird
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On the one hand, you have the uplands: home to the ruffed grouse and the woodcock, the ringneck pheasant, the bobwhite quail, and just possibly sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge, too.
- And I was not wrong; wild boar, stag, chamois, deer, and other ‘trophy animals’ are all to be found in Bulgaria's rich and varied countryside, along with birds such as partridge, woodcock, pheasant and quail.
- The 16 paintings in the British Birds in Watercolour exhibition at Nunnington were completed over the past year and feature game birds grouse, partridge and woodcock as well as kingfisher, robin, whitethroat and tawny owl.
Palabras que riman con woodcockmonocoque • shuttlecock
Definición de woodcock en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda