Definición de woodcock en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
A woodland bird of the sandpiper family, with a long bill, brown camouflaged plumage, and a distinctive display flight.
- Genus Scolopax, family Scolopacidae: several species, in particular the Eurasian woodcock (S. rusticola), which is sometimes regarded as a game bird
- On the one hand, you have the uplands: home to the ruffed grouse and the woodcock, the ringneck pheasant, the bobwhite quail, and just possibly sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge, too.
- And I was not wrong; wild boar, stag, chamois, deer, and other ‘trophy animals’ are all to be found in Bulgaria's rich and varied countryside, along with birds such as partridge, woodcock, pheasant and quail.
- The 16 paintings in the British Birds in Watercolour exhibition at Nunnington were completed over the past year and feature game birds grouse, partridge and woodcock as well as kingfisher, robin, whitethroat and tawny owl.
Definición de woodcock en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan