1A rat-like rodent that accumulates a mound of sticks and debris in the nest hole, native to North and Central America. Also called pack rat.
- Neotoma and other genera, family Muridae: many species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The hawks hunt cooperatively with several birds simultaneously swooping on their prey, which consists of woodrats, jackrabbits, and other birds.
- These shelters help to make the nest cooler in the hot summer and to retain the woodrat's body heat in the desert's cold winter.
- Metabolic costs increase by approximately 16% for the diurnal ground squirrel, but less than 4% for the nocturnal woodrat.
Definición de woodrat en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.