Definición de xenolith en inglés:
A piece of rock within an igneous mass which is not derived from the original magma but has been introduced from elsewhere, especially the surrounding country rock.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- However, rare xenoliths of sedimentary rocks occur in the granite.
- The granite contains abundant xenoliths of the country rock.
- If the magma has risen quickly from the source region of the volcano, the xenoliths may represent country rock from all levels of the crust through which it has travelled.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- PLT - 2 is a grey, fine-grained rock that occurs as xenolithic rafts within PLT-I.
- Higher up the section leucogranites become increasing more abundant and the pelitic gneisses occur only as xenolithic stringers enclosed wholly by the granite.
- And even in cases where volcanism has taken place, there are often older chunks of unmelted rock, called xenolithic inclusions, that can be identified within a lava flow and dated accurately.
Definición de xenolith en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda