adjetivoBotany & Zoology
- (Of a plant or animal) adapted to a very dry climate or habitat, or to conditions where moisture is scarce.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The concentration of the highest estimates of genetic variation in northwestern Venezuela suggests a potential reservoir of plant genetic diversity within xerophilous ecosystems in northern South America.
- Mexico's xerophilous thickets and semi-desert pastures are located in arid and semi-arid areas that account for half of our national territory.
- While some xerophilous grasshoppers became scarce within the shelterbelt system, others, e.g. Calliptamus italicus, increased in importance.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Low altitude dry (xerophile) vegetation is found relatively close to the littoral zone where the habitat is characterised by strong droughts.
- Species of the Rosa gender, box trees in basophile and xerophile beech groves.
- The research thus far has been very exciting, and I feel that we are laying very practical groundwork for building infrastructure to support the use of xerophile and native plants in Jordan.
Más definiciones de xerophilousDefinición de xerophilous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.