- A plant which needs very little water.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- High stomatal frequencies are usually characteristic of leaves of xerophytes.
- Indeed, this is the explanation offered by the classical and the majority of the modern textbooks on plant physiology or ecology especially when discussing adaptation of xerophytes to their habitat.
- Ferns generally lack some of the more typical adaptations of xerophytes, such as a thick hypodermis, sunken stomata, and CAM photosynthesis.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Haloxylon persicum is a stem-succulent xerophytic shrub, which only occurs in non-saline sandy deserts.
- A collection of cacti xerophytic plants - over 800 specimens - is exhibited in the nearby cactus house.
- Exodermis with Casparian bands was found in roots of hydrophytic, mesophytic and xerophytic species and in members of primitive as well as advanced families.
Más definiciones de xerophyteDefinición de xerophyte en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.