- 1A medium-sized sailing boat equipped for cruising or racing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A young woman who is a stewardess on a ferry becomes a skipper on a racing yacht.
- I asked to be transported to a sailing yacht, cruising just offshore of that beach.
- These craft run the gamut from sleek international racing yachts to historic workboats.
- 1.1 [often with modifier] A powered boat equipped for cruising: an eighty-five-foot diesel yachtMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You may recall I told you about Lil who quit his job here to start a charter yacht business.
- She was a beautiful old steam yacht belonging originally to the Guinness family.
- Les Pompiers were out in force, and alongside the dock a bareboat charter yacht was half sunk.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Race or cruise in a yacht.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The only place Olga felt free was when the family yachted over to Fredensborg Palace in Denmark.
- There is also yachting, which is what I'm doing, and here things are much gentler.
- If the theatre bug hadn't got into her, she would probably have been a sailor, so passionate was she about yachting.
mid 16th century: from early modern Dutch jaghte, from jaghtschip 'fast pirate ship', from jag(h)t 'hunting' + schip 'ship'.
Más definiciones de yachtDefinición de yacht en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.