Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
sustantivo (plural igual or Yakimas)
- 1A member of a North American Indian people of south central Washington State.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This violence led to the Plateau Indian, or Yakima, War of 1855-1858.
- Indeed, his case studies of the Yakima and the Pima Indians provide extraordinarily vivid examples of the effects reclamation had on local power relations, although one could pull many other instances from his book.
- The effective population size of the Nuu Chah Nulth was estimated (from anthropological data) by WARD et al. 1991 to be N 600, a number we take for the Yakima as well.
- 2 [mass noun] The language of the Yakima.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Next we describe the accentual system of Yakima - a dialect of Sahaptin.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Yakima or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A Yakima tribal elder allowed him to observe and learn the tradition over a period of eight months.
- His mother's father had fought in the Yakima wars of 1855 through 1858.
- We also noted that the worst candidate was Yakima prosecutor Jeff Sullivan; he, unfortunately, is Owens' opponent.
the name in Sahaptin (a Salish language).