sustantivo (plural igual or Yakimas)
1A member of a North American Indian people of south central Washington State.
- This violence led to the Plateau Indian, or Yakima, War of 1855-1858.
- Indeed, his case studies of the Yakima and the Pima Indians provide extraordinarily vivid examples of the effects reclamation had on local power relations, although one could pull many other instances from his book.
- The effective population size of the Nuu Chah Nulth was estimated (from anthropological data) by WARD et al. 1991 to be N 600, a number we take for the Yakima as well.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Yakima or their language.
- A Yakima tribal elder allowed him to observe and learn the tradition over a period of eight months.
- His mother's father had fought in the Yakima wars of 1855 through 1858.
- We also noted that the worst candidate was Yakima prosecutor Jeff Sullivan; he, unfortunately, is Owens' opponent.
the name in Sahaptin (a Salish language).