verbo (yandies, yandying, yandied)[with object]
- Separate (grass seed or a mineral) from the surrounding refuse by shaking it in a special shallow dish.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As a child, Tjayanka learnt to carve utilitarian objects such as wana (digging sticks) and kanilpa (basin for collecting and yandying seeds).
- At last I try roasting them in the oven in their pods before crushing the lot and yandying, the Aboriginal way of sorting seeds.
- The pods were threshed, and the seeds variously winnowed, yandied, parched, pounded, ground, and made into a paste to be baked into cakes.
sustantivo (plural yandies)Volver al principio
- A shallow dish used for separating grass seed or a mineral from the surrounding refuse.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I have seen Aboriginal people using yandies in the Pilbara district to recover cassiterite though.
from Yindjibarndi (an Aboriginal language of western Australia).