sustantivo[treated as singular]
A contagious disease of tropical countries, caused by a bacterium that enters skin abrasions and gives rise to small crusted lesions which may develop into deep ulcers. Also called framboesia.
- The bacterium is the spirochaete Treponema pallidum subsp. pertenue
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the most common was mercury, which had been used by the Arabs for centuries to treat leprosy and yaws.
- Salversan also proved effective against other maladies such as yaws.
- And that was the area of some of the first campaigns, the mass campaigns for penicillin, the yaws eradication.
late 17th century: probably from Carib yaya, from a South American Indian language.
Definición de yaws en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.