Definición de yearn en inglés:
1Have an intense feeling of longing for something, typically something that one has lost or been separated from: she yearned for a glimpse of him [with infinitive]: they yearned to go home
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My heart aches now, yearning for you to come back and hug me for the last time before you leave.
- My heart yearned for you for months and now its desire is fulfilled!
- I do love this country and I am not about to stop yearning for change and doing what I can to affect a change - but one grows weary.
long, pine, crave, desire, want, want badly, wish, have/feel a longing, covet, lust, pant, hunger, thirst, ache, be aching, itch, be itching;
informal have a yen, yen, be dying
archaic be athirst for, be desirous
rare suspire for
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It said the ‘martyrdom lovers and heaven yearners’ selected the three hotel targets after ‘a month of surveillance and information gathering of the targets.’
- I couldn't recognise the yearner of the poems in this woman of sass and spirit.
Old English giernan, from a Germanic base meaning 'eager'.
Palabras que riman con yearnadjourn, astern, Berne, burn, churn, concern, discern, earn, fern, fohn, kern, learn, Lucerne, quern, Sauternes, spurn, stern, Sterne, tern, terne, Traherne, turn, urn, Verne
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda