Definición de yearn en inglés:
1Have an intense feeling of longing for something, typically something that one has lost or been separated from: she yearned for a glimpse of him [with infinitive]: they yearned to go home
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My heart aches now, yearning for you to come back and hug me for the last time before you leave.
- My heart yearned for you for months and now its desire is fulfilled!
- I do love this country and I am not about to stop yearning for change and doing what I can to affect a change - but one grows weary.
long, pine, crave, desire, want, want badly, wish, have/feel a longing, covet, lust, pant, hunger, thirst, ache, be aching, itch, be itching;
informal have a yen, yen, be dying
archaic be athirst for, be desirous
rare suspire for
Old English giernan, from a Germanic base meaning 'eager'.
- Example sentences
- It said the ‘martyrdom lovers and heaven yearners’ selected the three hotel targets after ‘a month of surveillance and information gathering of the targets.’
- I couldn't recognise the yearner of the poems in this woman of sass and spirit.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan