Definición de yellowlegs en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
A migratory sandpiper that resembles the greenshank but has yellowish legs, breeding in northern Canada.
- Genus Tringa, family Scolopacidae: two species, the greater yellowlegs (T. melanoleuca) and the lesser yellowlegs (T. flavipes)
- In November, away from our yards, along our coasts, only yellowlegs linger.
- A yellowlegs flew over the pond calling loudly.
- In autumn its mudflats host migrant shorebirds including plovers, yellowlegs, and sandpipers, and warblers are common in woodlands at both ends of the pond.
Words that rhyme with yellowlegssheer legs
Definición de yellowlegs en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan