sustantivo (plural igual)
- The basic monetary unit of Japan.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Whether it be for the lure of dollars or yen, or the start of a coaching career back in France remains to be seen.
- The prices helpfully flash up on the board in pounds, dollars, Swiss francs, pesetas and yen.
- The history is that after the Plaza Accord of 1985, the dollar declined against the yen.
from Japanese en 'round'.
- A longing or yearning: [with infinitive]: she always had a yen to be a writerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- While growing up I watched my three brothers play baseball and always had a yen to join them.
- If you have a yen for the ole west, you'll find what you are looking for in Morris starting next week.
- Diesel, quite improbably, had always had a yen to act with the grande dame.
verbo (yens, yenning, yenned)[no object] Volver al principio
- Feel a longing or yearning: it’s no use yenning for the old simplicitiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And I should have linked it immediately to the Hippie's sudden yenning for suburban clothing.
late 19th century (in the sense 'craving (of a drug addict) for a drug'): from Chinese yǎn.