adjetivo (zanier, zaniest)
- His zany humour took comedy to new heights of absurdity.
- We both liked making costumes and had a similarly zany sense of humour.
- For those with a zany sense of humor, the adventures of Lieutenant Frank Drebin were a laugh riot from beginning to end.
- We are looking for the zany, the serious, the artistic and ridiculous.
- I love students, what a zany, crazy bunch they are.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It often thinks wackiness or zaniness is a virtue.
- Surely this is British zaniness at its very best.
- While rumors of alcoholism and overall zaniness have circulated in the press, I think this just adds to Lula's mystique.
Late 16th century: from French zani or Italian zan(n)i, Venetian form of Gianni, Giovanni 'John', stock name of the servants acting as clowns in the commedia dell'arte.
Zany was the name of one of the servants in the improvized Italian theatre, the commedia dell'arte, popular from the 16th to 18th centuries. The word is a Venetian form of Gianni, which itself is short for Giovanni. In its earliest uses in English a zany was a comic performer who imitated the actions of a clown or acrobat, and zany described his behaviour. See also pantaloons
Palabras que riman con zanyBahraini, brainy, Chaney, Eugénie, grainy, Janey, Khomeini, rainy, veiny, waney
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: zany
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.