A small freshwater bivalve mollusc with zigzag markings on the shell, sometimes becoming a pest due to its blocking of water pipes.
- Dreissena polymorpha, family Dreissenidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Asian clam and the zebra mussel are probably the two most common exotic species, which have been introduced to North American freshwaters.
- In 1988 the zebra mussel, once confined to the lakes and rivers of Europe, hitched a ride to Lake Erie, presumably in the ballast tanks of a visiting freighter.
- The zebra mussel, for instance, has spread via ships and boats across Western Europe and North America.
Definición de zebra mussel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.