- The chain wants to convert the ground floor to what they describe as a traditional ale house and wine bar, with no-smoking zones and a family area.
- The area in question has now been declared a disaster zone, and provincial funding has been requested to help the afflicted fishermen.
- It wants to split the area into parking zones at each end and introduce a road traffic order in the middle to safeguard the loading bay with a larger sign.
- Summers in this climatic zone are warm, rainy and uncomfortably humid.
- The Atlantic zone receives trade winds and has high rainfall year-round.
- This diagram is the same as the one above except that the major pressure and wind zones have been replaced by a typical isobaric weather map.
- Mars will be closest to Earth in 2005 on October 29 or 30, depending on your time zone.
- I'm not sure when the time zone changes, so I'll have to figure that out.
- ‘If we can't run two offices in different locations in the same time zone then we have big problems,’ he said.
- ‘Palmate’ sclerites are situated in the dorsal zone of the animal's body.
- As the root grows following seed germination, the stomatal zone overlaps with that of the root hairs.
- Like modern frogs, she says, the bones show an inner zone of yellow, fatty marrow, encircled by an outer zone of red marrow.
- Cllr Flynn says while Westport Town Councillors won't be zoning this particular piece of land they will be making their opinions felt.
- The list included concerns voiced by the town planners and architects on land use zoning and floor area ratio.
- Check local regulations and zoning restrictions because some areas may have legally established separation distances.
- The canal area is zoned for new homes and restaurants, and some redundant cotton mills are being converted into flats.
- The Railway Square site is zoned for general business under the 2002 Waterford City Development Plan.
- But much of the land is former industrial space that couldn't be recycled for new uses without government approval because it is still zoned for manufacturing.
Verbos con partícula
- North American informal Fall asleep or lose concentration or consciousness: I just zoned out for a momentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Liz was already sitting there, front row centre among the geeks, yet she seemed to have, once again, zoned out and fallen asleep.
- He sings Otis Redding's ‘Try a Little Tenderness’ and it's so boring I zone out and my eyeballs fall out.
- This does more harm than good, as we tend to lose the thread and zone out.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Meetings were held with and information obtained from district, zonal, and regional officials and several government offices.
- They analyze reality at the local, zonal, national, and global levels.
- It is for this reason that the method of zonal distribution of forces and assets has come to be practiced in operational training.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Corals are generally too long-ranged to be useful zonally, although they have been used in Europe in the Early Carboniferous, where A. Vaughan established a zonal scheme in 1905 based on corals and brachiopods.
- However, more precise biostratigraphic placement of the rhombiferan beds of the Thornloe must await detailed study of conodonts or other zonally important fossils.
- Benitez seems intent on doing things his way, and word from the club's youth academy is that all the junior sides are being coached now to mark zonally rather than the man-to-man system.
Late Middle English: from French, or from Latin zona 'girdle', from Greek zōnē.
Zone is from Greek zōnē, ‘girdle’. It was first used to refer to each of the five belts or encircling regions (differentiated by climate) into which the surface of the earth is divided by the tropics. From this early use, the word came to be applied to various areas defined by certain boundaries or subject to certain restrictions.
Palabras que riman con zonealone, atone, Beaune, bemoan, blown, bone, Capone, clone, Cohn, Cologne, condone, cone, co-own, crone, drone, enthrone, flown, foreknown, foreshown, groan, grown, half-tone, home-grown, hone, Joan, known, leone, loan, lone, mephedrone, moan, Mon, mown, ochone, outflown, outgrown, own, phone, pone, prone, Rhône, roan, rone, sewn, shown, Simone, Sloane, Soane, sone, sown, stone, strown, throne, thrown, tone, trombone, Tyrone, unbeknown, undersown, windblown
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: zone
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.