- Each of a number of major areas of the earth having a characteristic fauna (especially mammals). They include the Palaearctic, Ethiopian, Oriental, Australian, Nearctic, and Neotropical regions. Also called faunal region.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Housefly collections from five continents and six zoogeographical regions were obtained with the help of collaborators.
- Wallace, in 1876, proposed 6 major zoogeographical regions to explain the distribution of faunal groups.
- The Caspian Sea is considered an independent zoogeographical region due to the diversity, specificity and endemism of its fauna.
Más definiciones de zoogeographical regionDefinición de zoogeographical region en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.