- 1The scientific study of the behaviour, structure, physiology, classification, and distribution of animals.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the desire for a deeper understanding of the forest and its creatures led him back to Moscow to study zoology.
- He contributed an immense amount of research in vertebrate and invertebrate zoology and paleontology, and also wrote and lectured on the history of science.
- When the war ended, he was over 50, and instead of returning to mouse genetics he retreated into more general physiology and zoology.
- 1.1The animal life of a particular area or time: the zoology of Russia’s vast interiorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- While in a kibbutz, I saw a poster advertising a summer's program at Hebrew University in desert zoology, and I enrolled.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So entomologists, marine biologists, zoologists and ornithologists also sought his assistance with fieldwork and research.
- The goal of biologists - typically, zoologists and behavioral ecologists - is to understand how animal behavior contributes to survival and reproductive success.
- The establishment is managed with due deference to conservation, and marine zoologists are on hand to oversee the well-being of the animals.
Más definiciones de zoologyDefinición de zoology en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.