sustantivo (plural zygomata /zʌɪˈɡəʊmətə/ /zɪˈɡəʊmətə/)Anatomy
The bony arch of the cheek formed by connection of the zygomatic and temporal bones.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Using the endoscope through the small lateral incision, the surgeon dissects the entire cheek from the orbital run over to the nose, down to the top of the mouth out to the side over the zygoma so the whole cheek can be freed and moved up.
- The anterior epitympanum dissection extends as far as the root of the zygoma and is made continuous with a wide anterior canal wall enlargement.
- The SMAS is elevated basically in the direction from the angle of the mandible to the middle of the zygoma, and this is sutured and suspended along its entire length.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The foramina of the zygomatic bone that transmit branches of the zygomatic nerve are often subject to variation in number and position.
- However, the clear separation of the nerve into five main terminal branches (temporal, zygomatic, buccal, mandibular, and cervical) may be difficult or impossible.
- He showed that the zygomatic major muscle, which runs from the cheek bone down to the lip corners, pulls those lip corners upwards into a smiling shape.
Late 17th century: from Greek zugōma, from zugon 'yoke'.
Definición de zygoma en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda