- Any of a series of awards of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Hollywood given annually since 1928 for achievement in the movie industry in various categories; an Oscar.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rule states that either the most popular or the most significant film gets the Academy award for best screenplay.
- Olivier received an Academy award nomination for Best Actor, but lost to Burt Lancaster for his work in Elmer Gantry.
- But Julie Andrews became a bigtime movie star the same year by starring in Disney's original musical Mary Poppins - and won the Academy award for Best Actress.
Más definiciones de Academy AwardDefinición de Academy Award en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional