(also Almohade /-ˌhād, -ˌhad/)
sustantivo (plural Almohads)
- A member of a Berber Muslim movement and dynasty that conquered the Spanish and North African empire of the Almoravids in the 12th century.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lastly, Brett has put forward the possibility that the arrival of the Almoravids and Almohads created new markets for, and new channels of access to, black slaves in al-Andalus and North Africa, replacing the demand for whites.
- In North Africa, the new Almohades dynasty was in the ascendant and took away most of Tunisia in the 1150s.
- Early in the twelfth century the Almohads, another clan, overthrew the Almoravid dynasty and assumed rule.
Más definiciones de AlmohadDefinición de Almohad en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional