Definición de American Gothic en inglés:
1A noted 1930 painting by Grant Wood (1891–1942), depicting a dour-faced farmer and his daughter in front of their house, with a Gothic-style window in the background. It is representative of traditional American rural values, and is widely copied and parodied.
- We look at Grant Wood's American Gothic and imagine a storyline that goes with it.
- Wood had recently exhibited his now legendary painting American Gothic at the Art Institute of Chicago to great acclaim.
- Parts of the portrait shared similarities to American Gothic, for example the sharp outline, rural qualities and the interest in pattern.
1.1 [as modifier] Conservative in moral and social views.
- This Puritan idea gave rise to all sorts of conventions, but most notably, the American Gothic tradition, or modern horror.
- As much American Gothic as Japanese horror, it's a demanding, unsettling and memorable film.
- Yet, nevertheless, it is his more explorative work that highlights American Gothic.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan