sustantivo (plural igual or Anasazis)
- A member of an ancient American Indian people of the southwestern US, who flourished between circa 200 bc and ad 1500. The earliest phase of their culture, typified by pit dwellings, is known as the Basket Maker period; the present day Pueblo culture developed from a later stage.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now, students of the ancient Anasazi to the north are reaching a consensus that this people as well, far from the docile agriculturalists they have usually been cast as, were also capable of great violence.
- The ruins of the Anasazi or ‘Ancient Ones’ date back to the time of Christ.
- The period also induced a severe, decades-long drought that may have brought on the demise of the Anasazi culture of North America.
1930s: from Navajo, literally 'ancestors of our enemies (the Pueblo peoples)'.
Más definiciones de AnasaziDefinición de Anasazi en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional