- A method of singing unmetrical psalms and canticles to short harmonized melodies, the first note being extended to accommodate as many syllables as necessary.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In some churches Anglican chant has been superseded by responsorial psalms or ‘Gelineau’ chanting with refrains or antiphons.
- The final phrase, ‘Such the tenor man told When he had grown old’, distances the old tale, being sung unaccompanied in the style of Anglican chant which seems, as part of Hardy's anciently rural world, to have been with us ‘since Time was’.
- The metre of the Psalms themselves are very beautiful to sing, particularly if you're singing it in Anglican chant.
Más definiciones de Anglican chantDefinición de Anglican chant en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional