Definición de Antonine en inglés:
Of or relating to the Roman emperors Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius or their rules ( ad 137–80).
- But by the time Judah rose to be Patriarch of Judea, under the reign of the Antonine emperor Marcus Aurelius, relations with Rome had eased.
- The Antonine emperors are easily identified through their adoption of the portrait style of Hadrian with curly hair and beards.
- The breakdown of the Antonine peace and the crises of the third century coincided with a widespread desire for a more personal religion that offered consolation and meaning in this world and a better life in the next.
plural sustantivo(the Antonines) Volver al principio
The Antonine emperors.
- Just compare the description of the Roman Empire under the Antonines at the beginning of Gibbon, which was thought in its day to be good social history, with the description of England in 1685 which opens Macaulay's narrative.
- The February number contains a piece called ‘From the New Gibbon,’ a pastiche of Edward Gibbon's description of Rome at the time of the Antonines - at the height of its power but already showing symptoms of decline.
- In a worst-case scenario, historians will someday have to explain why the golden age of Western democracy, like the age of the Antonines, lasted only about two hundred years.
Definición de Antonine en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan