- 1 Greek Mythology Of or relating to the god Apollo.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In fact, when we make reference today to the basic body types in our sport, we use terms like Apollonian and Herculean, such is the great influence of early Greek society on athletic pursuits.
- 2Of or relating to the rational, ordered, and self-disciplined aspects of human nature: the struggle between cold Apollonian categorization and Dionysiac lust and chaos Compare with Dionysian.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But in the final analysis, we must surely concede that Stravinsky's serene Apollonian vision of order and harmony was unequal to the moral catastrophe of his century.
- If it is impossible to compass flux, truly to prescribe life a symbolic form, then notions of Apollonian order, of Dionysian excess, are no different; merely another illusory device.
- We have to go back in our lives constantly and these models that the Greeks provide, the ordered Apollonian and the brilliant chaotic aspect of the Dionysian are both extremely valuable concepts.
Más definiciones de ApollonianDefinición de Apollonian en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional