Definición de Argentine ant en inglés:
A small South American ant that has become established in parts of the US.
- Iridomyrmex humilis, family Formicidae
- ‘We would expect the set of problems we see with Argentine ants in South Africa to occur in other habitats invaded by small ants,’ he said.
- Suhr said the Argentine ants killed native ants and the insect life they normally preyed upon, posing a major threat to biodiversity.
- Instead of sending out reproductives to a mating flight as most ants do, the Argentine ants reproduce by budding.
Definición de Argentine ant en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan