- Denoting fine red pottery made at Arretium, an ancient city in central Italy, and elsewhere from circa 100 bc until the late 1st century ad.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two principal types are recognized: Arretine produced at Arezzo in northern Italy between 30 BC and AD 50; and Samian produced in several areas of Gaul from ad 20 through to the late 2nd century AD.
- Copies of Arretine ware have been found in the remotest outposts of the Roman Empire.
- Yet such products are rarer among other finds: most Arretine and related bowls made until ad 60-70 tend towards lush foliage or plain symmetry, with multiple mouldings on wheelmade parts.
late 18th century: from the name of the city Arretium (modern Arezzo) + -ine1.
Más definiciones de ArretineDefinición de Arretine en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional